- by Timothy Lai
Please ensure that you have a valid Citizenship / Unlimited Trial or Class Pass before making your booking.
BM Class Booking and Cancellation Policies.
Here at BM, we aspire to consistently deliver high quality classes and learning experiences every day. Lately, our class offerings have been frequently booked out and often also experience cancellations.
To help ensure that we can continue benefiting as many people as possible, we seek your understanding and cooperation in abiding by the following class booking and cancellation instructions.
- We understand that unforeseen circumstances may cause your climbing plans to change, so please cancel your classes as early as possible to allow someone else on the waitlist to take your spot. They’ll appreciate the early notice.
- All weekday classes will remain available for booking up to 90 minutes before they start. E.g.: a weekday 6:00 pm class will accept bookings up until 4.30 pm.
- Weekend class bookings will need to be done at least 12 hours before they start. E.g.: a 10:00 am class on Saturday morning will accept bookings up until 10:00 pm on Friday night.
- Classes cancelled 3 hours (or earlier) before they start will be considered “early” and will not incur any penalties. This also applies to waitlist sign-ups.
- If you’re on a class waitlist, you’ll receive an automated response at least 3 hours in advance when a space has been made available.
- Classes cancelled within 3 hours (or less) to their start time will be considered “late” and the holder’s corresponding class pass will be considered as consumed. This also applies to waitlist sign-ups.
- We understand that life can be unpredictable sometimes, so each BMC trial user will be allowed to perform a “late cancel” once. On the second “late cancel”, however, the user’s booking rights will be suspended for a week to minimise inconveniences to other interested users.
We look forward to moving and bouldering together with you.